The Quayside Hotel is a partnership owned by Mr CF Bowring & Mrs BH Bowring.
The Manager, Quayside Hotel, King Street, Brixham, TQ5 9TJ.
Or call: 01803 855751.
One of the most important things to say is that we NEVER sell or exchange your personal information with other organisations for marketing purposes.
How we collect information
We will collect information about you when:
- You contact us through the following channels: online, email, phone, SMS, social media or by post.
- You place a booking to stay at our hotel.
- You use our website, for example, when you contact us about our services, if you directly give us any information via forms, if you make a booking or purchase, or if you sign up to receive either postal or email newsletters and offers.
- You provide information to us by sending us a message through our website and information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- You make a purchase from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
- You post on our social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Depending on your privacy settings or the privacy policies of these sites, you might give us permission to receive information about you from them
- We may also receive information about you from third parties such as Booking.com – but only if you’ve given them permission to share your information with us. These organisations will have their own privacy policies so please do make sure you read them before providing your information.
The types of personal information we might hold about you
- Your name, address, email address and phone numbers.
- Your date of birth, if you have given it.
- Your previous booking history and details of your plans to book in the future.
- Information regarding what pages are accessed and when. This information is recorded and sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
- IP Addresses: We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to (where available), your IP address, operating system and browser type for administration purposes and to produce internal reports. This is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
Using your personal Information
We will use your information (see how we collect your information above) for the following purposes when it is in both yours and our legitimate interests to do so.
- To provide you with the sevice or information you have requested.
- To ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using.
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the site.
- To provide you with information relating to our website, product or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website.
- To process a booking you have made.
- To meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
- For dealing with entries into a competition.
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes.
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about stays, events, promotions, offers, job offers, information about the hotel and the surrounding area and replies to requests and bookings enquiries/confirmations.
- For our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website.
- To administer this website; and
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments and send you email). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
You are in Control
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive marketing information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the hotels and our favourite local areas, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you.
- Tick the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ boxes at the bottom of your postal newsletters.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01803 855751 and we will process your request within 7 days
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, post, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com, or write to us at: The Manager, Quayside Hotel, King Street, Brixham, TQ5 9TJ. Alternatively, you can telephone 01803 855751.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Quayside Hotel hold about you
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption on SSL across the entire website. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear in the address bar of modern web browsers such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. This automated processing is intended to evaluate certain personal aspects of an individual. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk
Use of ‘cookies’
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general internet use to further assist is in developing our website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Those aged 16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Third Party Processing
The Quayside Hotel may use the services of third party organisations to process your personal data. As the data controller, the Quayside Hotel determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. Where your data is processed by any third party on behalf of the Quayside Hotel, that third party is a processor under the GDPR. We confirm that we take steps in order to ensure that this data is processed lawfully under the law in accordance with each agreement that we have in place with each processor.
Review of this Policy